[m-dev.] Upgrading Boehm GC, attempt #2

Julien Fischer jfischer at opturion.com
Tue Sep 1 11:11:45 AEST 2015

Hi Paul,

On Tue, 1 Sep 2015, Paul Bone wrote:

> YesLogic would like us to upgrade BoehmGC.

I don't think anyone is going to object to that ;-)

> I'm going to review my work and any issues that people raised last
> time I posted this, address them and then attempt to merge this old
> branch into master.  I won't commit the merge until next Monday.

If you bring your branch up-to-date before then, I should be able to do
some further testing of it.  The main thing that concerned me before was
that building the upgraded collector seemed to have a bunch more tool
dependencies than previously (e.g. libtool).

> I will be away Thursday-Sunday this week so I'm holding off on committing
> this until Monday, when I can help to deal with the aftermath.

I would prefer it if the merge was not done until a source distribution
built from the (updated) branch has been succesfully built and installed
on a selection of systems (Linux, Windows and OS X at the least).


More information about the developers mailing list