[m-dev.] Proposed installation profiles

Zoltan Somogyi zoltan.somogyi at runbox.com
Fri Oct 23 12:01:14 AEDT 2015

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 10:42:46 +1100 (AEDT), Julien Fischer <jfischer at opturion.com> wrote:
> There will be a new option to the configure script, '--enable-install-profile',

The "enable-" prefix suggests that you could also disable a profile,
so I would suggest a different name, even if that requires a bit more work
in configure.ac. How about simply --install-profile=...?

> that allows users to select an "installation profile", which is a set of library
> grades to install.  Below is a proposed set of installation profiles.

I like this set of profiles. I have just two concerns.

One: should the debug profile include ssdebug for hlc? I don't use it,
so I don't know how generally useful it is.

Two: the "all" profile should be given a name that makes it clear
that it includes grades that are very unlikely to be useful.

Zoltan.