[m-dev.] libatomic_ops submodule

Paul Bone paul at bone.id.au
Mon Oct 12 15:14:51 AEDT 2015

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 07:57:54PM +0800, Sebastian Godelet wrote:
> Hello Paul,
>
> I've got a question about libatomic_ops,
> Wouldn't it be easier to let libatomic_ops be a submodule of boehm_gc and
> Use `git submodule update --init --recursive' or `git clone --recursive (when initially cloning mercury)'
> Since the prepare script uses cp on Windows, one must manually update the libatomic_ops/* copied files

I considered this when I originally set this up (some time last year).  So I
don't remember the exact reason I decided against it.  It probably seemed
more complicated than necessary.

However one benifit is, as you said, it avoids the symlink/copy problem of
getting libatomic_ops into the boehm_gc directory.  So I'm happy to give it
a go.

Any (reasonable) objections before I start making this change?

--
Paul Bone