[m-dev.] prepare.sh tests for the wrong thing

Zoltan Somogyi zoltan.somogyi at runbox.com
Sat Oct 3 14:09:36 AEST 2015

After doing a "git pull" of the recent changes to boehm_gc,
my workspace's boehm_gc directory still contained a bunch of files
and directories. The prepare.sh script checks whether it needs to
set up submodules, but gets the test wrong: it tests for the presence
of a directory that is present whether or not the submodule has already
been set up. As a result, prepare.sh does not set up the submodule
even though it needs to.

Attached is a file that lists the contents of my workspace's boehm_gc
directory immediately after the git pull. An "mmake realclean" immediately
afterward left the boehm_gc directory unchanged.

Zoltan.