[m-dev.] Version of Mercury to Compile Mercury

Mark Brown mark at mercurylang.org
Tue Jun 23 01:01:52 AEST 2015

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 12:47 AM, Charles Shuller
<charles.shuller at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> What version of mercury do I need to have installed to build the current
> development branch.   I've currently got 14.01.1 installed.

Use a release-of-the-day to bootstrap a git workspace. On the ROTDs
part of the downloads page there are notes about how recent it needs
to be, but if you don't already have one just get the latest.

> I think that isn't recent enough because when I try to configure the code in
> git it finds mmc just fine, but still errors out:
>
> looking for an already installed Mercury compiler to bootstrap with...
> checking for mmc... /usr/local/bin/mmc
> checking whether the above mmc works and is sufficiently recent... no
> configure: error: You need a working Mercury compiler to bootstrap with

Make sure this one isn't in the part when you compile the ROTD.

Also, check the documentation for `--enable-minimal-install' in the
INSTALL file.

Cheers,
Mark.