[m-dev.] referenced papers

Zoltan Somogyi zoltan.somogyi at runbox.com
Mon Aug 31 14:21:02 AEST 2015

On Mon, 24 Aug 2015 18:35:13 +1000, Peter Wang <novalazy at gmail.com> wrote:
> The connection is nowhere near as strong.  Tests and compiler notes need
> to be updated with changes to the compiler.  Papers will never be updated.
>
> There is the question of copyright.  Everything in the mercury
> repository has been explicitly submitted for inclusion there;
> some of the papers we reference will not.
>
> The papers written by the Mercury group are already in the www
> repository; I already have that checked out.  If there was another
> repository, I would check that out as well or just download a specific
> paper from the github page (rarely).  For me, there's no hoop.  I would
> find it more annoying if the papers take significant space and end up
> slowing down cloning of the repository.

I think copyright won't be an issue in practice, and in any case it would apply
equally regardless of where we put the papers, but the other two arguments
convinced me, so I set up a new repo, which is now at

github.com/Mercury-Language/mercury_outside_papers

It is public, but I have no idea how to set up controls on who can update it.
I am hoping that it inherits those settings from Mercury-Language, but
don't know. If someone does, I would be grateful if they told me.
I would also be grateful if you test whether the repo can be checked out
by someone other than me.

Zoltan.