[m-dev.] sourcing foreign code

Paul Bone paul at bone.id.au
Wed Feb 26 14:56:30 AEDT 2014

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 02:27:26PM +1100, Peter Wang wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Feb 2014 13:54:15 +1100, Paul Bone <paul at bone.id.au> wrote:
> > Or does this tell mmc --make to compile the external
> > file separately using the C compiler and then link it with the other object
> > files?
>
> No, .m files is not the place for that.  I wouldn't want to add it to
> mmc --make either.

If we wanted those kinds of features then we might as well create a
configuration/project file-format that tells mmc --make how to build a
program.  Similar to a .cabal file for Haskell (Yes, Cabal has many problems
and no I don't want to copy their bugs).  This is related to package
management which we're working towards slowly.  We can re-consider it when
designing/implementing other package management features.

--
Paul Bone