[m-dev.] bootcheck

Paul Bone paul at bone.id.au
Fri Mar 29 20:26:20 AEDT 2013

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 03:38:37PM +1100, Julien Fischer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 12:43 PM, Ian MacLarty <imaclarty at opturion.com> wrote:
> >
> > As I recall you can still compile modules with debugging enabled in
> > asm_fast.gc (using the --trace option).  The debugger doesn't require
> > everything to be compiled in a debug grade.  The debug grade is there
> > so that you get events for the standard library predicates, but it's
> > not required.
> >
> > I think the debug tests have expected outputs for when they are run in
> > a non-debug grade.  So it's possible the failures are legitimate, but
> > most probably the expected outputs are out of date.
>
> Almost certainly.  The debugger tests tend to be quite fragile in that respect.
>
> Paul: what are they failing tests you are encountering, and in which grade(s).

err, so it turns out it was something in my workspace.

I intially checked out into a directory with a space in it (since I wanted
to fix problems with that).  I quickly gave up and just moved my workspace
to a directory without a space, but because I started using the directory
with a space, somehow that directory name was remembered and then reused in
tests/debugging/.

It's only a little bit embarassing.

--
Paul Bone