[m-dev.] Hosting.

Paul Bone paul at bone.id.au
Wed Jan 16 12:18:52 AEDT 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 11:42:13AM +1100, Peter Wang wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 16:40:10 -0700, Michael Hendricks <michael at ndrix.org> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 2:41 PM, Paul Bone <paul at bone.id.au> wrote:
> >
> > > If we wanted to we could use a static system such as this and use github or
> > > another provider's issue tracker.
> >

> > I recommend using GitHub's issue tracker regardless what's decided about
> > hosting.  It's really nice to automatically close issues from a commit
> > message ("Closes #1234") and have links from the issue tracker back to
> > relevant commits.  As one who dislikes server management, it's also nice to
> > have GitHub take care of that part too :-)
>
> Can't attach files. Useless.

I agree with Peter here.

If you've a bug and want to submit a small program that exibits the bug. you
shouldn't need to download the entire Mercury repository and work out where
in tests/ your fix belongs.  Or maybe this is what gist is for?  Anyway it'd
be nice if that were obvious from the github interface.

We should submit a feature request.

--
Paul Bone
http://www.bone.id.au