[m-dev.] Bug on 32bit systems.

Paul Bone paul at bone.id.au
Fri Jan 4 14:20:17 AEDT 2013

On Fri, Jan 04, 2013 at 02:01:20PM +1100, Julien Fischer wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Paul Bone <paul at bone.id.au> wrote:
>
> I've compiled versions of G12 with both the broken and working compilers -- this
> is all in grade hlc.gc.trseg -- and the C files we generate for G12
> are identical for
> both compilers.  As are the C files that both Mercury compilers generate for the
> standard library.
> Both Mercury compilers are invoking the C compiler identically.

That all seems to 'narrow down' to some environment variable or C macro
differences.  Alternatively we'd need to compare the contents of the object
files without comparing the object files' timestamps and other unstable
information.

Is there any way I could get/reproduce the same test case so I could also
test this.  Ie, I wonder if it happens on Linux.  (MC do use Windows so I
need to support that too).

--
Paul Bone
http://www.bone.id.au