[m-dev.] Bootstrapping in the Java backend?

Paul Bone paul at bone.id.au
Wed Apr 17 17:55:28 AEST 2013

Hi Guys.

Do we support or is there an effort to support bootstrapping in the Java
backend?

I've added a new Mercury program to util/ called mfilterjavac  It re-writes
javac's output to fix error locations in .java files to put to the correct
line in the original .m file (for foreign code).  Because the java backend
now uses this program, but the program is written in Mercury have I created
a bootstrap problem?  Or is this okay becase we will always build the system
for C first?

Thanks.

--
Paul Bone