[m-dev.] location of assertions

Julien Fischer juliensf at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Jul 4 21:19:46 AEST 2012

On Wed, 4 Jul 2012, Peter Wang wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Jul 2012 21:36:52 +1000 (EST), Julien Fischer <juliensf at csse.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
>>
>> Agreed.  (Essentially what I am proposing above is that we should change
>> it.)
>
> I've made progress with this proposal but if I'm not mistaken, .int
> files are generated without type checking, which would be required to
> module-qualify the symbols in assertions.

I don't think type-checking is required, IIRC all module-qualification
occurs before type-checking.  What does happen however, is that the
interface files are generated before all module-qualification takes
places; in particular module-qualification of clauses (which is how
assertions treated by most of the frontend) doesn't take place until
after the interface files have been generated.

Julien.