[m-dev.] upcoming 0.14 release

Paul Bone pbone at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Jan 27 17:35:43 AEDT 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 05:26:40PM +1100, Julien Fischer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The current stable release, 0.13.1, is over three years old.  As the
> trunk is currently fairly stable we should release 0.14.  To this end, I
> am proposing that we fork the repository on the 20th February, with a
> view to releasing version 0.14 during March.

Keep in mind that classes will begin in late Feb/early March, and consequently
Zoltan's time will be limited.  My own time may also be a little bit limited
as I hope to be tutoring this semester.

To clarify, do you intend to fork and freeze a beta version on the 20th of Feb
and then build a release candidate and/or 0.14 sometime after? (I guess
March-ish).

> In addition to this, I also propose that we move to 6-monthly(-ish)
> stable releases for Mercury, rather than the current 3+ years between
> such releases.

I agree with this approach.