[m-dev.] Stack dump not available in this grade.

Zoltan Somogyi zs at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Jan 6 08:54:46 AEDT 2010

> Am I misunderstanding asm_fast.gc.decldebug or do I need an extra flag or grade
> component to convince Mercury that it can do this.

If you compile the whole program in a debugging grade, including
asm_fast.gc.decldebug, you should get a stack dump when running the program
outside the debugging. If you compile only some modules in a debugging grade,
but the program itself is in a nondebugging grade (which is possible, in fact
it was a design objective for it to be possible), then you will not get a stack
dump when running the program outside the debugger, but running the program
inside the debugger, the debugger will generate a best-effort (usually partial)
stack dump.

Zoltan.