[m-dev.] Problems building on Cygwin

Paul Bone pbone at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Fri Jun 12 14:21:44 AEST 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 09:57:12PM +0400, Sergey Khorev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build the latest rotd on Cygwin.
>
> configure says that .c files are up to date:
> 	checking whether any C files need to be rebuilt...
> 	no - they are compatible with autoconfigured settings
>
> but for some reason make tries to rebuild files in library directory (see
> log below). Any clue what might be wrong and what should be checked? Btw
> it tries to rebuild files with --mercury-linkage shared.

Hi Sergey.

It looks like you've typed "make depend".  When building from the source
distribution you don't need to do this, it is only used to determine the
mercury build dependencies.  Since the source distributions contain
intermediate C files this information isn't used.

Please see the instructions in the INSTALL file.

Other common installation problems are documented in the FAQ:
http://www.mercury.csse.unimelb.edu.au/information/doc-latest/mercury_faq/Installing.html#Installing

I hope this helps.

Ciao.