[m-dev.] Implicit Parallelism test cases.

Zoltan Somogyi zs at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Oct 16 09:57:08 AEDT 2008

On 16-Oct-2008, Paul Bone <pbone at csse.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
> I recall that Tom Conway used a monte carlo simulator to test parallel
> conjunctions in his Phd thesis.  Do we have a (working) copy of this
> program?

You can ask Tom (he is working for NICTA), but that program uses only
independent AND-parallelism, and thus would not be all that interesting for
you.

I know it is a cliche, but one thing you can try is using the compiler itself
as a test case. There are many compiler passes that process all the procedures
in the module one after the other. Some thread state, and some of this state
may be rarely used.

Zoltan.