[m-dev.] Tests for Coverage Profiling.

Paul Bone pbone at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Feb 21 12:19:53 AEDT 2008

Hi Guys.

I've finished working on my coverage profiling change to the deep
profilier, however I'd like to see the test suite test it.

There doesn't appear to be anything specific to the deep profilier in
the test suite.  I'm considering creating some tests and a framework for
compiling a single-module program, running it, comparing the output to a
.exp file, running mdprof_dump against the Deep.data file and checking
it's output against a .deep_exp file.

This will also have the affect of testing mdprof_dump, and any changes
to mdprof_dump will require updating of tests.

I can use some single module programs from general and hard_coded.  I
may have to create my own to test the coverage profiling.

Is this the best way to do this?  Any suggestions?

Thanks.