[m-dev.] string_proc_label

Zoltan Somogyi zs at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Aug 27 13:12:48 AEST 2008

On 27-Aug-2008, Paul Bone <pbone at csse.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
> In mdbcomp/program_representation.m  In the type string_proc_label,
> there are two fields s_ord_decl_module and s_ord_def_module.
>
> What's the difference between these two fields?  Which one should I be
> using?  In what cases might they contain different data?

They are the same unless module A gets access to the definition of a procedure
from module B (by recreating it from the type definition if it is a compiler
generated unify or compare procedure or by opt-importing it if it is
a user-defined procedure), and creates its own specialized version.
In that case, the declaring module is module B, but the defining module
is module A.

> Similarly for the two module fields in the str_special_proc_label
> function symbol.

Same thing.

Zoltan.