[m-dev.] Attn Peter Wang: CTGC idea.

Paul Bone pbone at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Aug 21 16:27:19 AEST 2008

Attention Peter Wang.

I don't know if you've considered this as part of your CTGC work or not
yet.  alloca (C function) provides very cheap memory allocation and
deallocation using the program stack.  Even though we don't use the C
program stack in LLDS backends I'm sure we can write something
equivalent.

Java promotes some heap variables to stack variables using a technique
like this when it's analysis shows a variable being created and
destroyed when the same stack frame is at the top of the stack.  Perhaps
we could do a similar analysis and use this technique too?

Ciao.