[m-dev.] standard trailing library

Zoltan Somogyi zs at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Apr 9 18:07:15 AEST 2008

On 09-Apr-2008, Julien Fischer <juliensf at csse.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
> (1) add it to the standard library and make all the operations
>     throw an exception or abort in non-trailing grades.
>
> (2) add a standard trailing library, e.g. std_tr, which is only
>     compiled and installed in trailing grades.
>
> What are people's preferences?  (Mine is for 2).

You cannot do (2) alone, because you cannot prevent someone from compiling
the module in a non-trailing grade, even if it is not so compiled by default.
The choice seems to be between both (1) and (2), and (1) alone.

I have an aesthetic preference for (1)+(2), but it will need more work
on the install system than just (1). If I were you, I would do (1) right now,
and add (2) when your todo list has no more urgent items.

Zoltan.