[m-dev.] source-to-source debugger proposal

Zoltan Somogyi zs at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Fri Sep 28 18:14:05 AEST 2007

On 28-Sep-2007, Peter Wang <novalazy at gmail.com> wrote:
> The GetVars closures are to be stored in a shadow stack (the maintenance
> of which I did not show).  Then the user can print out and browse the
> variables in each stack frame.

The closure will be even more expensive to create than a simple association
list, and be less useful (since it has be to be invoked to be used).

You also need other information passed to the event predicates, e.g. the id
of the predicate :-)

This is the kind of thing that needs discussion.

I presume you have read Mireille's paper on implementing Prolog debuggers
through program transformation, and the discussion have had (maybe in one
of our papers on the Mercury debugger, maybe just on one of our mailing lists)
about how it needs to be adapted to Mercury?

Zoltan.