[m-dev.] Reopened: state vars syntax sugar

Ben Schmidt b.schmidt at ugrad.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Jan 29 13:55:22 AEDT 2007

> To be constructive, here are the options:
>
> !mytype::!ground
>   Peter
>   # this would probably block the extension until I comprehend all that
>   # is needed
> !mytype::(in, out)
>   Ondrej, Julien, Ben, originally Ralph
> !mytype::!(in, out)
>   Ralph currently?
> a hybrid of inst/modes
>   Ondrej (just to get the modes way available soon)

You can add me here. I'd be in favour of implementing !mytype::(in,out)
now and saving !mytype::!ground (or preferably something better that
someone can come up with in future of the !mytype::!... variety; I'm not
at all convinced with the current proposal).

Apart from that, I agree entirely with Julien's last post. I think the
vibe is for you to write up the proposed reference manual diff as you
think it should be done, so there is something concrete to discuss and
war about if further warring is necessary.

Ben.