[m-dev.] Need advise on workspaces.

Peter Ross pro at missioncriticalit.com
Fri Aug 3 09:09:21 AEST 2007

On 7/31/07, Eric Taucher <gluon at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I see the documentation mentions workspaces, and building installs with
> multiple grades uses workspaces. My guess is that a workspace is just a copy
> of a release with the WORKSPACE variable set to the directory. Is this
> correct? If not, what is a proper workspace and how would one be created?

Yes this is correct.  The dir you point to is the root directory of
the Mercury CVS checkout.

You set the WORKSPACE environment variable, you can then use the lmc
(local mercury compiler) and lml (local mercury linker) scripts to use
the mercury compiler you have just built.

Sometimes all that is needed though is to set the MERCURY_COMPILER
variable which just points to mercury_compile but uses all the
installed .int files and so on.