[m-dev.] 0.13 release

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 22:21:29 AEDT 2006

On 3/1/06, Jonathan Morgan <jonmmorgan at gmail.com> wrote:

> TODO list
> ---------
>
> * shared libraries on Cygwin and MinGW.
>         - we have some support for this but it hasn't been tested
>
> I can try testing it, as Cygwin and MSYS are the standard systems I use.
> What is necessary to test it?

Unfortunately, the Boehm gc doesn't seem to build.  See below.  This happens
with both Cygwin and MSYS.

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/JonM/ws/mercury/boehm_gc'
MAKEFLAGS=""; export MAKEFLAGS; \
make  -j1 GRADE=asm_fast.gc GC_GRADE=gc \
    libgc.a libgc.dll \
    FINAL_INSTALL_MERC_GC_LIB_DIR=/usr/local/mercury-shared/lib/mercury/lib
\
    dll
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/JonM/ws/mercury/boehm_gc'
make[3]: `libgc.a' is up to date.
make[3]: *** No rule to make target `libgc', needed by `libgc.dll'.  Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/JonM/ws/mercury/boehm_gc'

Jon