[m-dev.] Summer Student Report

Peter Ross pro at missioncriticalit.com
Tue Jan 10 18:53:27 AEDT 2006

Hi Sam,

It's not clear to me if your GA code for finding the best set of
options would work for any Mercury program.  We have servers written
here at MC where it would be very interesting if we could squeeze that
last bit of performance out of system.  So if your tool could support
the building of any program and testing it's performance that would
be fantastic.

Also do you look at the C compiler flags as well?  I think it would be
interesting to be able to manipulate those flags as well, as they are
also crucial to generating fast code.

Pete