[m-dev.] Solver types; release schedule?

doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com
Wed Feb 1 05:05:17 AEDT 2006

Dear all,

I attended the PADL'06 where your constraint-based programming paper was presented (actually, it's correct to say that Mercury was the most presented topic at the PADL'06: Zoltan did a great job and I'd be surprised if he has his voice back yet).  I attempted to convert the pseudo-code in the paper to something that would work on the stable release.

Apparently, solver types are only partially rolled out into the stable release.  Peter mentioned that there is also a rich set of support tools implemented, but not currently available (SAT solvers, constraint engines of various domains, etc) to the general public.

I've recently become interested in using constraint-programming techniques in systems I am developing for production deployment.  What are the plans for releasing the fully -implemented and -supported solver types?  When are roll-outs expected to reach the stable releases?

Sincerely,
Doug Auclair