[m-dev.] Re: e-mail and work

Ralph Becket rafe at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Dec 13 07:57:05 AEDT 2006

Zoltan Somogyi, Monday, 11 December 2006:
> I found another quadratic algorithm in the compiler that shows up when
> compiling Doug Auclair's training cars example, which has a predicate
> contaning more than a hundred thousand variables.
[...]

I wonder whether adjusting Mark's interval set representation to use a
dequeue rather than a list would do the trick?  Using a dequeue would
allow O(1) test for whether a variable id is outside the range of an
interval set and allow for O(1) consing on to the end of the set.

-- Ralph