[m-dev.] mercury meeting this morning

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Jan 27 03:00:09 AEDT 2005

On 26-Jan-2005, Mark Anthony BROWN <mark at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> On 24-Jan-2005, Julien Fischer <juliensf at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> > 0.12 RELEASE
> > ------------
> > We would like to fork the repository soon.  It was suggested
> > that we freeze it this weekend (from 12:01am Sat. (29/1) -
> > 11:59pm ).
> >
> > All being well, the fork will take place after that.
> > 	[mark has volunteered to do this].
>
> Just to check that I know what I'm doing, this involves the following
> steps:
>
> 	- Check out a new workspace with the modules 'mercury' and 'tests'
>
> 	- Give the following CVS command
>
> 		cvs tag -b version-0_12-branch mercury tests
>
> 	- Notify this list when it is successfully done.

It is a good idea to also do

		cvs tag version-0_12-branchpoint mercury tests

before notifying the mailing list.

The cron scripts will need also a few changes for testing the new
release branch.  I've just committed some of those, but in addition, at
some point the line "release_branch=0.11" in tools/run_all_scripts_from_cron
should be changed to "release_branch=0.12".  This doesn't need to happen
straight away -- only when you want to start running nightly tests and
building rotd releases on the new branch.

--
Fergus Henderson                    |  "I have always known that the pursuit