[m-dev.] Re: Mercury beta releases

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Feb 24 23:39:57 AEDT 2005

On 09-Feb-2005, Julien Fischer <juliensf at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:

> What needs to be done in order to release a beta version
> of Mercury?

Edit tools/test_mercury so that it sets the variables needed for the
branch, e.g.

   case $BRANCH in
   0.11)
	CHECKOUT_OPTS=-rversion-0_11-branch
	BASE_TAG_NAME=version-0_11-branch
	FTP_DIR_NAME=0.11.1-beta
	RELEASE_VERSION=0.11.1-beta-$DATE
	RELEASE_VERSION_PATTERN=0.11.1-beta-*

I've already done this for 0.12.

Then just run the nightly test script (tools/test_mercury)
for that branch.  run_all_tests_from_cron will do this
automatically if you set the release_branch variable appropriately.

> In particular, I want to change the current
> beta version from 0.11.1-beta to 0.12.0-beta.

I think you just need to change the line 'release_branch=0.11'
in tools/run_all_tests_from_cron to 'release_branch=0.12'.
This will ensure that the tests of the release branch will
use BRANCH=0.12 instead of BRANCH=0.11.

P.S. Please don't send email to my fjh at cs.mu.oz.au address; I only read
about half of it, and usually only weeks later.
Use "fjh" ++ "007" ++ "@galois.com".
(Please don't put that email address on the web or on public mailing lists.)

--
Fergus Henderson                    |  "I have always known that the pursuit