[m-dev.] Failing tests

Ian MacLarty maclarty at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Nov 22 16:42:14 AEDT 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to work out why a whole lot of declarative debugger test
cases are failing.  When I do a bootcheck they all pass, so I decided
to try and simulate the nighly test by running all the commands in the
test-latest-jupiter.out file for a failing test manually.  The commands
are:

mmc --generate-dependencies --grade asm_fast.gc      --trace decl -O5
--intermodule-optimization --constraint-propagation --opt-space
--mercury-linkage shared --pic-reg    closure_dependency
mmc --make-optimization-interface --grade asm_fast.gc      --trace decl
-O5 --intermodule-optimization --constraint-propagation --opt-space
--mercury-linkage shared --pic-reg    closure_dependency
mmc --compile-to-c --grade asm_fast.gc      --trace decl -O5
--intermodule-optimization --constraint-propagation --opt-space
--mercury-linkage shared --pic-reg    closure_dependency >
closure_dependency.err 2>&1
mgnuc --grade asm_fast.gc      --pic-reg  --      -c
closure_dependency.c -o closure_dependency.o
mgnuc --grade asm_fast.gc      --pic-reg  --      -c
closure_dependency_init.c -o closure_dependency_init.o
ml --grade asm_fast.gc      --trace  --shared       --    -o
closure_dependency closure_dependency_init.o \
         closure_dependency.o \

However when I run these I get a complaint about
closure_dependency_init.c not being found.  Where is this file created?

In the test-latest-jupiter.out file I only get the following clue as to
why the test is failing:

MERCURY_OPTIONS="$MERCURY_OPTIONS -de" HOME=/nonexistent
MERCURY_SUPPRESS_MDB_BANNER=yes mdb ./closure_dependency  <
closure_dependency.inp \
         > closure_dependency.out 2>&1
gmake[7]: *** [closure_dependency.out] Error 1
gmake[7]: Target `closure_dependency.runtest' not remade because of
errors.
gmake[7]: Leaving directory
`/home/jupiter/public/test_mercury_jupiter/build.latest.gcc/tests/
debugger/declarative'

How do I know what the actual error was?  As I said it all seems to
work when I do a bootcheck (even with the same optimization options as
the nightly test).

Ian.