[m-dev.] The mode constraints branch summer project

David Overton dmo at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Dec 23 23:27:17 AEDT 2004

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 12:15:13PM +0000, David Overton wrote:
> However the majority of the solving time was still spent with the
> remaining ROBDD (conjunctions and if-then-else are rather common
> constructs in Mercury programs!) so you may want to concentrate on a
> replacement for these.  One complication is that the algorithm I used
> for extracting the 2-SAT constraints is closely tied to the structure
> of the ROBDD graph.

One other thought.  Last I heard (which was about a year ago) Vitaly
Lagoon was busy interfacing another ROBDD solver to Mercury which he
claimed was much more efficient than Peter Schachte's implementation.
You may want to check with him what state that is in.

David
--
David Overton
WWW: http://www.overtons.id.au/