[m-dev.] Remove managed C++ support from Mercury

Peter Ross pro at missioncriticalit.com
Mon Oct 6 23:19:00 AEST 2003

Hi all,

I've just tried to use the .NET grades with v1.1 of the framework and it
no longer compiles anymore and every error that I have gotten so far is
due to the Managed C++ stuff.

I suggest that we start to phase out the support for MC++ directly in
Mercury as it has always been the most brittle part of the .NET
implementation.

As a start, I will attempt to remove all the managed C++ dependencies
inside the Mercury compiler.

This would also improve the situation in that this would also move us
one step closer to porting the Mercury compiler to work with mono, where
there is only a C# compiler available.

Regards,
Peter

--
Peter Ross
Software Engineer                                (Work)   +32 2 757 10 15