[m-dev.] Files, sockets, etc

Peter Moulder pmoulder at mail.csse.monash.edu.au
Sat Aug 23 00:26:05 AEST 2003

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 02:52:41PM +0200, tomas at basun.net wrote:

> I'm wondering if there has been any more work on including basic file
> system and network functions in the Mercury library? The last time
> this was mentioned on the lists seems to have been in 1998.

The posix module in the extras directory goes some way towards this.  It
provides a mercury interface to posix functions available in the
underlying platform: socket, select, read, pipe, fork etc.

It doesn't allow interfacing with the existing io module in Mercury
though.

Btw, I believe the 1998 discussion referred to is

pjm.