[m-dev.] Suggestion for a new "where" operator

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Aug 5 13:12:23 AEST 2003

On 04-Aug-2003, Ralph Becket <rafe at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> There have been many occasions where I have needed to use a predicate to
> compute the result for a function or an expression, in situations where
> it has been awkward or impossible to do so without resorting to
> predicate syntax instead.

If by "predicate syntax" you mean the use of :- in the definitions of
functions, you'll need to explain why you believe that to be a problem.
I haven't found it to be a problem, and in the absence of a significant
problem, I don't see new forms of syntactic sugar as good things to
spend much time on.

Zoltan.