[m-dev.] tabling, trailing and impure references

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Aug 12 16:55:10 AEST 2003

On 12-Aug-2003, David Overton <dmo at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 09:43:10AM +1000, David Overton wrote:
> > if I compile the example I gave in grade asm_fast.tr I get a runtime error:
> >
> > 	Mercury runtime: Cannot copy a c_pointer type
> >
> > Is there any chance of getting `:- pragma memo' working in non-gc
> > grades?  (We only need it for benchmarking purposes, but it would be
> > useful, nonetheless, if it's possible.)
>
> I didn't get a reply to this.  Can anyone tell me what would be involved
> in getting `:- pragma memo' to work in non-gc grades, at least for
> nullary functions?

This is one of those questions for which figuring out how long it would take
takes just as long as actually doing the work ;-)
So I've fixed the problem; see my post about nb_reference in mercury-reviews.