[m-dev.] string_format_tests

Peter Ross pro at missioncriticalit.com
Thu Nov 21 20:52:34 AEDT 2002

Fergus,

Do you have a copy of the ANSI standard where you can check which flags are
valid with which type specifiers?  Could you then modify the format_string
generator in string_format_lib.m, so that it obeys those rules, or send me a
copy of the spec so that I can change the rules.

One of the problems is the #.0o is outputing a different output for the
integer 0 on taifun, which obeys the behaviour specified on the printf man
page for solaris, but not that for linux or cygwin.  Anyway we are going to
face combinatorial explosion unless we only test those flags for which the C
standard defines a semantics.

Peter

---