[m-dev.] bootstrapping problem with asm_fast.gc

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Jul 24 04:31:49 AEST 2002

When building the compiler on ceres in grade asm_fast.gc, I'm getting
the following error.

./scripts/mgnuc --grade asm_fast.gc      --no-mercury-stdlib-dir    --  -I../boehm_gc -I../boehm_gc/include -I../runtime  -I../trace    -c benchmarking.c -o benchmarking.o
benchmarking.m: In function `benchmarking_module0':
benchmarking.m:81: warning: implicit declaration of function `ML_report_stats'
benchmarking.m: In function `benchmarking_module2':
benchmarking.m:657: warning: implicit declaration of function `MR_get_user_cpu_miliseconds'
benchmarking.m: In function `benchmarking_module5':
benchmarking.m:692: `ML_benchmarking_dummy_word' undeclared (first use in this function)
gmake: *** [benchmarking.o] Error 1

The problem seems to be that benchmarking.c doesn't include the
appropriate pragma foreign_decls (and doesn't #include benchmarking.h).

This is with rotd-2002-07-21.
I suspect this is probably due to Pete's change of 2002-07-19,
specifically the change to mercury_compile.m:

-       { C_HeaderCode = C_HeaderCode0 ++ C_HeaderCode1 },
+
+               % If the current module contains a foreign_type then all
the
+               % declarations will be placed into the header (.mh)
file, so
+               % only keep the foreign imports.
+       { module_info_contains_foreign_type(Module) ->
+               C_HeaderCode = C_HeaderCode1
+       ;
+               C_HeaderCode = C_HeaderCode0 ++ C_HeaderCode1

Pete, could you please fix this one ASAP, or back out your change?
(Preferably the former...)