[m-dev.] .NET back-end test results

Peter Ross pro at missioncriticalit.com
Sat Dec 28 00:08:27 AEDT 2002

Date            Number of test case failures
20 Oct 2002     459
07 Nov 2002     202
28 Nov 2002     73
05 Dec 2002     27
27 Dec 2002     21

Here are all the test case failures with a brief description about what
I know about them.  Feel free to fix anything that looks easy.

general/string_to_float
    -0.0 is output as 0.0

grade_subdirs/hello
    we attempt to make libhello.a, which doesn't make sense for the il
    backend.

hard_coded/construct_test
    construct__construct NYI

hard_coded/factt
    tests for fact table support which doesn't exist on the IL backend.

hard_coded/higher_order_type_manip
hard_coded/type_ctor_desc_manip
    type_ctor NYI

hard_coded/nullary_ho_func
    rtti_implementation__deconstruct doesn't fully handle functions yet.

hard_coded/pragma_export
hard_coded/pragma_import
valid/intermod_pragma_import
    pragma import not handled by the IL backend.

hard_coded/time_test
    time library functions NYI

hard_coded/tuple_test
    construct__construct NYI

hard_coded/type_ctor_desc
    for some reason we return -1 for the arity of func, instead of 1.
    needs more investigation

hard_coded/type_qual
    requires more than one character of putback

hard_coded/exceptions/test_try_all
    Missing method exception__cpp_code.mercury_code.builtin_catch_3_m4

hard_coded/exceptions/tricky_try_store
    store__do_init NYI

hard_coded/sub-modules/parent2
hard_coded/sub-modules/nested2
    On the il backend using mmake main must reside in a top-level module
    not in a sub-module.

invalid/uniq_neg-nodepend
valid/soln_context
    not sure why this is an error, needs more investigation

warnings/singleton_test
    this tests for warnings in C code, which isn't handled by the IL
    backend.