[m-dev.] Bug in multi_map module (from_corresponding_lists)?

Douglas Michael Auclair dauclair at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 17 14:11:51 AEST 2002

Dear Mercury developers,

I believe I've found a bug in the multi_map module.  When I use
from_corresponding_lists with two lists, particularly with a key list that
has repeated keys, the resulting multi_map does not have the one-to-many
(Key -> value) mapping as promised, but only a one-to-one mapping.

When I cdr through the key and value lists calling set/4 for each key/value
pair, I get the expected multi_map (with one-to-many mappings between keys
and values).

I'm using Mercury version 0.10.1.  Has this bug been fixed in a new version?
  Is there a newer version available for the Mac running OS-X?  If not, is
there code available so that I may patch my system?

BTW, besides the bug mentioned here, I grateful that Mercury comes with a
multi-map ADT built-in ... I've had to write this collection type for other
languages when I've needed it.

Sincerely,
Doug Auclair