[m-dev.] Infix syntax proposal

Michael Day mikeday at yeslogic.com
Wed Aug 14 21:57:57 AEST 2002

> I propose the following amendment to the infix syntax -- add a declaration
> to the language of the form:
>
> :- infix foo, bar, baz.

While people may discuss the proposed syntax addition, this part seems
more important:

> I propose that this infix transformer, if accepted, become part of the
> (m)make process, so that the first source transformation resolves infix
> calls and is transparent to users of mmake/mmc.

Such a process should be extensible to invoke moose on parser modules and
any other macro expansion style transformers, as per the discussion on
this list some several months ago.

This would scratch an itch that many developers are obviously feeling, and
make the syntax trivially amenable to alteration and extension without
hacking the compiler, which would be a Good Thing.

Michael