[m-dev.] Mercury removed from Debian 3.0

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Apr 15 11:54:32 AEST 2002

On 11-Apr-2002, Peter Schachte <schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> Just FYI, I just read an announcement that Mercury has been removed
> from the upcoming Debian 3.0 released.  It also says "These packages
> will get a brief chance to be reconsidered in the next few days, but
> don't bet too heavily on them making it."
>
> Check out:
>
> 	http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2002/debian-devel-announce-200204/msg00004.html

The issue is a missing line in a configuration file.  I've been either
sick or away for the last month, and haven't been notified that this was
was happening.

I really don't care very much whether it is included or not, because I
suspect it will be a complete pain to maintain given the incompatibility
problems with new versions of gcc.

--
       Tyson Dowd           #
                            #  Surreal humour isn't everyone's cup of fur.