[m-dev.] Re: corrupted file

Adam HENDRIX hendrix at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Oct 22 12:26:05 AEST 2001

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Adam HENDRIX wrote:

> Hi Zoltan
>
> On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Zoltan Somogyi wrote:
>
> > On 19-Oct-2001, Adam HENDRIX <hendrix at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> > > I can restore from Fri 12th Oct. Is this an acceptable restore point?
> >
> > It should be. Thanks in advance. Please mail us when you are done, so we can
> > start using the CVS repository again.
>
> I have restored the file to munginya:/home/mercury/restore/mercury1/ ...

Apparently, this restoration file was also corrupt, so I have restored it
from Sep 11 as per the following mail

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Simon Taylor wrote:

> > Any point from 2001-07-10 (July 10th) onwards would be acceptable,
> > so long as that copy of the file isn't corrupt.
> >
> > (One quick test to see if the file is corrupt is this:
> > if it doesn't end in a newline, then it is corrupt.)
>
> The version that has been restored is still corrupt (I don't think
> Fergus' mail went to Adam). Could we please try a version closer to
> July 10?
>
> Thanks,
> Simon.

Hope this is OK for use :) It might appear that this version is also
corrupt ...

[hendrix at munginya] /home/mercury/restore/mercury1/repository/mercury
[12:24:43] tail -5 .INSTALL.in,v
@
<this log message and revision was lost>
@
text
@@
[hendrix at munginya] /home/mercury/restore/mercury1/repository/mercury
[12:24:50]

If this file is also corrupt, then there is nothing that can be done, as
this is the OLDEST level 0 available.

Thanks,

 Adam Hendrix		   	   hendrix at cs.mu.OZ.AU
 Academic Support Programmer
 Department of Computer Science & Software Enigineering

    Room L1.09       Ext 49123       asp at cs.mu.OZ.AU