[m-dev.] Re: [Nancy.Mazur at cs.kuleuven.ac.be: EOF while looking.. .INSTALL.in]

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Oct 18 18:48:15 AEST 2001

On 18-Oct-2001, Tyson Dowd <trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> This is almost certainly file corruption of the .INSTALL.in file.

It is. Noone should check in anything until this is fixed.

> It looks very much as if the .INSTALL.in file in the CVS repository has
> been truncated.  Perhaps we can get the sysads to provide us with a
> backup copy of this file and reconstruct it?

Yes, but first we should find out which other files also need to be restored.
I have written a script to find out, ~zs/bin/script/integrity_check, but
I can't test it until user mercury release its lock in the repository.
However, I am going home, and can't wait that long; some else can try.

Zoltan.