[m-dev.] module system discussion

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Nov 29 21:32:31 AEDT 2001

On 28-Nov-2001, Tyson Dowd <trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> > I support this proposal but if some people have reservations about it, I
> > can live without it.
> As far as I know, the people who were interested in the issue (Simon,
> Fergus and myself) were in agreement that this was a good idea

No, Simon was correct, I'm still very wary of this.
I think it is unnecessary language complexity.  IMHO this one
is not sufficiently clean to justify its limited usefulness.
It might sometimes be useful, but we can't accept every proposal
that might sometimes be useful, or we'll drown in complexity.
If Pete can live without it, then I don't think we should add it.