[m-dev.] module system discussion

Peter Ross peter.ross at miscrit.be
Fri Nov 23 01:12:53 AEDT 2001

I would really like to reach a consensus on this issue, could a decision
be made at the Mercury meeting on Monday?  As this is quite important to
the work I am doing on bringing the .NET port up to scratch.

I do believe that it is necessary to have one of either :- auto_import
or :- import_package implemented.

I am happy with either alternative.  I believe that the auto_import
mechanism should only be allowed to refer to sub-modules.

I am opposed to only implementing the :- include declaration, as I think
that there are times when you don't want that behaviour. I hope I have
highlighted when.  I have no objections to *also* implementing this
declaration.

Pete