[m-dev.] Module qualification of typeclass methods

Peter Ross peter.ross at miscrit.be
Tue Nov 20 20:22:46 AEDT 2001

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 08:08:09PM +1100, Fergus Henderson wrote:
> On 30-Oct-2001, Simon Taylor <stayl at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> >
> > Would it be better to add an `import_package' declaration, which
> > is like `import_module', but also imports all sub-modules of the
> > imported modules.
>
> I like this suggestion better than `:- automatic_import', because it
> puts the control over what is imported in the importer rather than
> the importee.

I am also happy with this suggestion.  The only difference between the
two is that auto_import provides a mechanism to avoid doing to much
importing.  However I don't see that as much of an advantage, as I can't
see many situations where you don't want all the sub-modules anyway.

It also would be easy to implement, as all the necessary information is
already in the interface file.

Pete