[m-dev.] web services success

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri May 18 02:47:43 AEST 2001

I've just added support for custom attributes for the .NET backend,
which means that the code below can be run over SOAP.  I've tested
this using ASP.NET and it actually works.

The remaining problems (which were fixed by hand):
	- assembly reference is not quite generated correctly.
	- for some reason web-methods can only be instance methods
	- we need to create a .ctor (constructor) for the class if it
	  has instance methods.

Diffs coming to a mailing list near you tomorrow.

:- module web_service.
:- interface.

:- func foo(string) = string is det.

:- implementation.

:- import_module string.

:- pragma foreign_type(web_method_attribute,
	'System__Web__Services__WebMethodAttribute',
	"System.Web.Services").
:- pragma attribute(foo/1, web_method_attribute).

foo(X) = "hello " ++ X.

--
       Tyson Dowd           #
                            #  Surreal humour isn't everyone's cup of fur.