[m-dev.] Thoughts on binary back-ends

Thomas Conway conway at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Jun 22 10:03:25 AEST 2001

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 08:35:17PM EST, Ralph Becket wrote:
> [...]

FWIW, I have a patch somewhere that implements heap allocated stack
frames (buggy for the nondet stack still) and suspension analysis.
For computations that cannot suspend we can use the normal stacks,
and for computations that may suspend we can use heap allocated stack
frames. This drastically reduces the size of an MR_Context (which in
my thesis I'm calling MR_Task since task is a less confusing term -
one day I might even write the necessary sed/perl script), and makes
highly concurrent programs much more feasible.

Thomas
--
  Thomas Conway )O+
 <conway at cs.mu.oz.au>       499 User error! Replace user, and press any key.