[m-dev.] testing of .NET port

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Jul 13 17:07:40 AEST 2001

On 13-Jul-2001, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> Can anyone who is checking in a change that might affect the .NET
> back-end *please* test that the compiler can still generate `.il'
> files for all of the modules in the standard library?
> (cd library; MERCURY_COMPILER=../compiler/mercury_compile mmake GRADE=ilc ils)

Woah, slow down.

I have been and so has Pete.  Except for a hiccup earlier this week,
this has been working just fine.

Have you even *tried* this command you are suggesting?
I suspect not (see below).

> Pete assured me that this was the case before checking in his recent changes.
> But someone must have broken it again, because the current CVS sources
> still fail this test.  An exception is thrown when compiling library/ops.m:
>
>    Uncaught exception:
>    Software Error: mlds_to_il.m: Unexpected: mlds_type_to_ilds_type: unknown_type
>    Stack dump not available in this grade.
>
> I will track this one down and fix it.  But I'd really like to get back to
> making genuine forward progress, rather than one step forward, one step back.
> The only way to achieve that is to test every change against a test suite
> of some kind before committing.

cvs update
mmake
cd library; MERCURY_COMPILER=../compiler/mercury_compile mmake GRADE=ilc ils

Works for me.

I can reproduce your bug by hand, but not using the testing mechanism
you are suggest.
So there is certainly a bug there, but it shouldn't stop you from
building the library (at least, with the default settings).

Tyson.