[m-dev.] Re: [m-rev.] field syntax (was: smart recompilation)

Peter Schachte schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Jul 9 12:04:24 AEST 2001

On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 06:34:30AM -0700, Ralph Becket wrote:
> > How is the length of a string settable?
>
> I also think that read-only fields are a good thing.

I do too, but allowing that puts us back to having an unclear rule about
what's "field-like" and what isn't.  Am I the only one who is not confident
of his or her ability to predict what functions Tyson or Fergus will think
are field-like?

--
Peter Schachte <schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU>  The C Programming Language -- A
http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~schachte/      language which combines the